Jeremy and I on Easter Sunday 2010

Thursday, November 4, 2010

When is it time for a cane?

I have thought a lot about this lately. MS is different now then 10 years ago. Back then it was more common for MS to make you truly disabled at an early age but today, if found sooner and treated, they can slow the progression of the disease or they think they are. Since they don't really know what causes MS I think we are lucky we have medications we have, even though it cannot be entirely explained why they work.  So, to keep my MS from progressing to point of losing the ability to walk I do an every other day injection of Betaseron. I loathe injection day, but it's necessary, so I suck it up and drive on(Army term used to tell soldiers stfu and let's go).  But I wonder when I will need a cane or walker or wheel chair. So often I have to tell my legs to work or use wall to help, especially when I first stand up from sitting or lying down. Like first thing in morning I always grab the dresser. I guess I will never move that furniture around because I NEED that dresser first thing in the morning or I'd probably fall over. So is it time yet for a cane? Maybe not quite there but when I do get one it will be coolest can possible. I think I will get zebra print with bright pink accents, just so I can say, "Hell ya I got cane, and you don't, jealous yet?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment